Tonisco System Ltd offers under pressure branching and line stopping services in the district heating or cooling networks. Different types of district heating or cooling modification, maintenance or expansion jobs are performed professionally and quickly by our experienced service technicians while the line is operational. Performing the service while the line is operational is effective, environmentally friendly and often reduces the overall cost of the service significantly compared to other methods.
Line stopping service
The newest solution of TONISCO Service is the line stopping service. Line Stopping is a method where all the alterations of an existing pipe line can be done without interrupting the flow in the pipe. The flow in the line during all alteration works is kept on with a temporary by-pass line.
The Line Stopping service is a solution for under pressure pipe line works such as;
- Reparing variuos pipe line damages
- Renewing or Servicing faulty or leaking valves
- Installing new valves to locations in pipe lines that haven’t got a valve but it is needed
- Re-locating pipe lines and moving pipe lines
- Renewing the pipeline and many other alteration works
With the new Line Stopping service all the following works can be executed without shut downs or draining lines. The benefits of Line Stopping are clear;
- No Shut-Downs
- All works can be done during working hours
- No informing the customers for shut down
- No suprises on the operation of the pipe line because now draining is needed
- All alteration works within the offered price and in promised schedule – Guaranteed
Currently TONISCO Service has the capacity to make Line stopping to steel- and copper pipe lines from DN20 (3/4″) copper pipes to DN600 (24″) steel pipe lines. TONISCO Line Stopping suits to every pipe material when the operational pressure in the pipe during the operation is less than 24 bar.
TONISCO System offers a wide range of other pipeline maintenance and rebuilding solutions. The leading principle in all the products and solutions is that all work can be done without interrupting the flow in the line – Under pressure!
Common applications for our solutions
- New branch connections to existing main district heating and cooling lines
- Isolation and bypassing of malfunctioning portion of the district heating and cooling network
- Line stopping to allow maintenance and repair work to be performed
Common applications for our services
- Under pressure welding
- Under pressure drilling (Hot tapping)
- Installation of measuring devices and sensors under pressure
- On-site calibration of the flow meters with Laser-Optical access
- Line stopping, plugging and cutting of pipe lines
- Building new district heating and cooling lines
- Design and engineering services
Joining to existing district heating or cooling networks
- New lines
- New customers (power plants, properties ect.)
- Network repairing and replacement work
Tonisco System Ltd has developed an extensive selection of products, solutions and services to meet the modification and maintenance needs of the district heating and cooling industry. Tonisco’s weldable solutions, such as valves offer an unbeatable solution to under pressure branch making for pipes with nominal sizes from DN20 to DN600. When developing the solutions, Tonisco Systems has always put the customer needs as a first priority. Thanks to customer focused product and solution design, Tonisco offers today solutions for under pressure branch connection making through all ball and slide valves with standard attachment method (welding, threading, flanges) up to the nominal size of DN800. Thanks to Tonisco’s versatile product and solution selection the customer is able to choose the best valve for the job in every situation. In order to find the best solution, Tonisco’s experienced service and product design team is always willing to help as required. In the weldable pipelines the customer may choose the branch making components depending on the size using the following guideline:
DN10-DN200 – Under pressure branching connections
- TONISCO branching valves
- VEXVE, DANFOSS & NAVAL drilling valves
- Steel and acid resistant standard ball valves (welded, threaded and flanged)
DN125-DN600 – Under pressure branching connections
- TONISCO branching valves DN125-600 + (standard valve)
DN600-DN800 – Under pressure branching connections
- Components engineered and/or specified job by job
With real estate and other applications, under pressure branch connections for district heating and cooling networks can be performed using a branching saddle and valve combination. Similar fashion Tonisco Services also offers non welded solutions for under pressure networks starting with nominal size DN10 up to size DN500. Over DN500 branching will be evaluated job by job through our design service.
Tonisco staff will help you to design a hot tap branch connection or a line stop ensuring that the work will be performed the most efficient and safe way possible considering the job specific limitations. See our references and fill out the contact form in the bottom right corner of the page. We will be contact you shortly after receiving the form!